Monday, January 21, 2013

Spokane, Washington

Peace, from Spokane~
         I arrived here on Wednesday of last week. I live in an adorable bungalow with 10 other girls, with Moody Bible Institute across the street. I will be attending this lovely school for the next two years, aiming for my associates in Biblical Studies. The people here are amazing, so welcoming and loving. I cannot wait to become a part of this school family. Class starts on the twenty-eighth, it will be strange for me because I have not been in school for a year and a half now. But I am ambitious and hardworking, so I think I will be able to handle it. God is so good, it is obvious He has lead me here, I have never felt so at peace. I have began my prep work for a New Testament survey class I am taking this semester, which entails reading the whole NT and writing 100 words on every chapter. I have finished three books thus far and am making my way through Matthew currently. Even though I have just began, I can already see the impact it has made on my daily life. The Word truly is living and it really is as sharp as  two-edged sword. I would highly recommend that everyone seriously read and meditate on Scripture daily.
              I attending a church called Life Center with my good friend from YWAM (who lives here now) on Sunday. The pastor spoke about the importance of reading the Word. He gave 7 ways you should be in the word:
1-Hear the word (1 Tim. 4:13)
2-Read the word (Deu. 17:18-20)
3-Study the word (Ezra 7:10)
4-Memorize the word (Col. 3:16)
5-Meditate on the word (Ps. 1:1-3)
6-Obey the word (Luke 8:21)
7-Share the word (1 Peter 4:10-11)

      I love that he spoke about this, because I often ignore the importance of the WORD OF THE LIVING GOD. I do it all the time. I am tired and do not feel like reading it or thinking about it. But if I am serious about following Jesus, shouldn't I know who He is? And how do I get to know who He is? By reading His letters, His poetry, some of His story. Sometimes I feel like an idiot because of how little I know about this God I swear that I follow.
     So anyways, back to Spokane life. I love it here, the streets are blanketed in snow, the trees are all frosted with ice, frozen in their magnificent splendor. Mountains are in every direction, lazy rivers wind about the town, pine trees line all the roads. I am supposed to be here. It hurts me that I've been missing out on this beauty for so long. But its the people, the people are the aspect that wow me the most. They are so laid back and thoughtful. Quick to listen, they always interested in what you have to say. Welcoming to new things, instead of turned off. What I admire the most though, is how genuine everyone is-what you see is what you get. So different than where I lived before this, where envy and sneers are often hidden behind the white smiles. And what you do is much more important that who you are.
   I think I will be here for a while.
I am not working yet, but I will begin looking for a job in March. But as for this summer, I think I will travel for the first month but then stay in one town and just work, hopefully on a farm, as it has always been my dream.

I miss you all, please don't be shy to call or write.
All my love.
Naturally,
Demetria Angeline

This is a photo from a spot we call, Seeker's Point on South hill. My RA, Taborah, took it on Saturday night.








0 comments: