Thursday, July 25, 2013

Here in Maui






Aloha my lovely friends,
  I am currently in Maui, Hawaii (if you couldn't pick that up from the pictures.) I've been here for a month now, but leave in a week. It's been incredible. I came out here with my best friend Hannah from Chicago. It's been amazing how our friendship has grown through this trip, we literally spend every waking moment with one another. I feel like I'm married. Anyway, I'll recap most of the trip in the most concise way possible.
Great feats of this Maui trip:
-overcame fear of being on a surfboard in the water (now I can't wait to get out there on a board)
-got to meet up and spend quality time with old friends
-got my first sting from a Jellyfish (I felt pretty badass the rest of the day ;D )
-had great communion and worship at the YWAM base here and at New Hope Church
-made new friends from all over the world
-Hiked through the West Maui Mountains
-had my first acai bowl
-the hitchhiking ministry we were able to be a part of

Hardships of this Maui trip:
-Its hot up here in Haiku
-my toes were busted the first couple of weeks here (making it painful to do most activities)
-being away from my new home, Spokane and all my friends there
-HAVING TO LEAVE MAUI

That last one was a bit dramatic, but you can sympathize. Hannah will be heading to Chicago next Thursday while I head back to Spokane, Washington. I am very excited to head back, but as you can tell, it will be hard to leave here again. Especially with my new surfing addiction. Spokane is 6 hours from any waves to shred on. I will begin school at Spokane Falls Community College at the end of September and will be there until I finish my Gen Eds, so that way I can be a part of my Moody community in Spokane for a little longer. Then I will head to a university to pursue a degree in International Business. (hopefully WWU). Well, that's the gist of my life right now. Stay tuned for my next post where I will update you on my spiritual life. God is doing crazy things! I love it!
Naturally,
Demetria








0 comments: