Saturday, October 1, 2011

Greetings from Kona!

Hello everyone! I have now been in Kona for two days! I had a connection in PHX from OHare, and I arrived in Kona around 2 p.m.(hawaii time). It is around 85 everyday and feels even hotter when you are in the sun, but it gets cool around midnight so sleeping is not so bad. The only place I have been in that has a central airconditioning was a Starbucks! We had orientation most of the day on Thursday, I must have met like 50 people! It was wonderful though, everyone is so welcoming and loving. Also, everyone is connected by the Holy Spirit, so you feel even a deeper bond when you are talking to people.
On Friday we had our first class of Compassion DTS, there are 89 students in the class! It was absolutely wonderful though, I can tell that I am going to learn so many new things! We had worship that night also, with the whole YWAM group (over 500 people) and it was amazing, everyone gets really into it. Today, (it is 7:30 P.M. in Kona right now) our whole Compassion group went to the biggest beach on Hawaii (which isn't actually that big) and spent the day there, just getting to know everyone, but we also cliff jumped! I got sunburnt on my face :( but thats ok! I have been making such good friends, all from totally different parts of the world: Norway, Iceland, Canada, Haiti, Texas, Paraguay and list goes on and on... Tomorrow we have church if we find a local church to go to, I may be going to the oldest one of all of the islands of Hawaii! I really want to  meet a lot locals so I can really get involved here, so please pray that I would make many local friends! Also, that I would really focus on God and glorifying Him! Thanks, love you all!
Naturally,
demetria.

P.s. ill be posting some pictures soon!

(any questions? i would love to email! (demasdemi@gmail.com))

0 comments: