Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm going to Japan!

Yes, this is the moment we've all been waiting for...Where I'm going on outreach from mid December until the beggining of March! We just had it revealed last night, and I am going to Japan! I do not have all the details yet, but I do know that it will be quite cold while we are there, so it looks like mom and dad need to send me my winter boots! The Lord is so good! This specific outreach will be very close to a redlight district, so we will be able to work with women in the sex trade! My passion!
When we were writing down where we wanted to go on outreach last wednesday, right before they told us the choices I ask my Father where He wanted me to go, and a J popped in my head. "J? Are you sure....?" I began thinking of all the countries that started with J, but I never thought of Japan until they told it was one of the choices, and it was the only one that started with a J. I never ever thought God would send me to Japan, but here we are...I am so excited to see what the Lord will do! The total cost of the trip is 5,500 I think, so that means I have around $2,000 left to raise...And I have no more people to send support letters to and no time to fundraise, so please pray God would provide me with peace and patience! This could turn into a story that is glorifying to Him! I am positive He will provide the money if He wants me to go :)
All is great here on the YWAM base besides that, I have been getting really close to some of the other girls and I have also been hanging out with a couple of locals who have been backpacking and cycling around the island! One of them is an IronMan!
This week our speaker is talking on Hearing the Voice of God. I really like him thus far, he is totally Biblically accurate and never does anything without the Holy Spirit's leading first. His talk yesterday caused many of us to cry, and I do not cry easily. I have a feeling this is going to be a freeing week, I am praying that many chains that are on people lives and my own would be broken this week. Please be praying the same!
Soli Deo Gloria!
Naturally,
Demetria

0 comments: