Sunday, October 9, 2011

Prayer, the Kingdom and friendship.

Hello! My first week in Kona has been an amazing one. God has really been calling me to prayer. We have a 24/7 prayer room here on campus and I have been spending a lot of time there praying. I actually get excited to go and pray! I used to think praying was so boring and useless, but I am beginning to see the power of prayer. I will pray something and immediately it will happen! And just spending time in intercession for people and certain issues really puts you in a partnership with God, fighting with Him for the sake of His Kingdom. This week we had a lecture by Don Stephens about the Kingdom of God, it really changed the way I treat daily life. Everything matters! Every single thing we do can glorify our King! It also has taught me to put the Kingdom first and my own desires second, which is a much more fulfilling way to live. I have been going to the beach almost everyday because I am obsessed with the power and majesty of the ocean. But also because at least a couple of my friends are always there. I have been getting so close to people here, everyone just wants to have heart to heart conversations. I have confessed some of my most secret and dark sins to my close friends here and they have done the same with me. It has strengthened our bond in Christ and helps us to hold eachother accountable. I love it here, but I am a bit homesick. I would do anything for a hug from my mom and to see my little brother and sister smile at me again. But the Lord is sufficient for me, so as long as I have Him, I am more than content. I will update on more next week :) Much love!
Naturally,
Demetria

0 comments: